1. What is MONA?
MONA is a cloud-based software platform that manages the workflows of image licensing, including necessary communications and documentation.
3. What formats can I use to upload data?
Currently MONA accepts Contact data that has been exported as a CSV. The specific format guidelines can be found here.
At the moment, collection data must be uploaded by a CSV. Learn how here. A TMS integration is coming soon.
Currently MONA is able to import License data that has been exported as a CSV file. The specific format guidelines can be found here.
4. Are there integrations with existing CMS systems?
Data sharing via API with The Museum System (TMS)/eMuseum is currently being implemented.
5. Are there integrations with existing DAM systems?
Data sharing via NetX API is coming soon.
6. Is there a limit to the number of objects in a collection?
Limits on collection size depends on the Subscription Plan your institution has purchased:
Small: up to 2500 collection objects
Medium: up to 5000 collection objects
Large: up to 25000 collection objects
Extra Large: unlimited collection objects
Refer to MONA’s pricing plans for further details.
7. How are objects flagged as Public Domain?
Public Domain objects can be flagged as such in the Copyright field at the time of import. Objects with that flag can then be filtered for in the Objects Tab.
8. Can data be exported from MONA?
Data export within each category type (e.g. Contacts, Objects, Licenses, etc.) will soon be accessible by the user.
9. Can objects within my collection be edited?
Only data for objects outside your institution’s collection may be modified to prevent your metadata from getting out of sync. However, an export or DAM API refresh of your collection data will update your objects to include any recent changes made in your CMS or DAM.
10. How many active projects can a user create?
All plans have unlimited projects and requests. For further details please see MONA’s pricing plans.
11. Are payments supported within MONA?
Processing payments needed for licenses is being implemented soon. Instant bank authentication will be provided by Plaid and ACH processing will be provided by Stripe.
12. How are royalty payments handled?
This feature is being actively considered for possible future inclusion.
13. Can more than one contact be attached to one object for approval?
No, but an easy workaround is to simply add the other contact and attach the same object to be approved.
14. Are there webforms available to auto-capture incoming request information?
The specifications of the incoming request webform are being finalized now, with integration into MONA in the near future.
15. How do I submit a feature request for future MONA versions?
Please submit any suggestions or feedback via a Help Ticket.
16. Is there a help feature within MONA?
Yes, there is an extensive Knowledge Base accessible from the user menu, with further help available from our customer support ticketing, user community, and live chatbot.