In this article, you'll learn how to format each column in your file to get the best results when you import your existing licenses.
Preferred data format
|Title (optional)||Title of license|
|Organization (required)||Name of organization|
|Contact Name (required)||First and last name|
|Status (optional)||Expected value is one of the following: ARCHIVED, ACTIVE, EXPIRED or IN PROGRESS|
|Expiration Date (optional)||Preferred format is: MM-DD-YYYY|
|Type (optional)||Expected value is one of the following: INCOMING, OUTGOING, RENEWAL|
|Amount (optional)||If the value contains a comma (,), then the value should be between double quotes (""). e.g. "2,116.05". Expected amount separator is the dot (.)|
How to format your file
- The headers should be in the first line of the file
- The only mandatory headers are: Title, Organization, Contact Name
- The expected delimiter between columns is the comma (,)
- The expected expiration date format is: mm-dd-yyyy
- The expected types are: INCOMING, RENEWAL, OUTGOING
- The Expected statuses are: ARCHIVED, ACTIVE, EXPIRED, IN PROGRESS
- If any value for the amount contains a comma (,) then the value should be between double quotes (""). e.g "$2,116.11"
- The Expected separator for amount is the decimal (.)
- The only accepted file format is CSV
File type support
Prepare the licenses you would like to import (in a tool such as Excel) and save it as a CSV file. Data that is not saved as a CSV file can't be uploaded into our system.
Sample CSV template
If you do not already have a CSV file, or you want to start from scratch, you can use our CSV template below to get started.